Paper – I
43. What are the barriers to effective communication?
Moralising, being judgemental and comments of consolation.
Dialogue, summary and self-review.
Use of simple words, cool reaction and defensive attitude.
Personal statement, eye contact and simple narration.
44. The choice of communication partners is influenced by factors of
Proximity, utility, loneliness
Utility, secrecy, dissonance
Secrecy, dissonance, deception
Dissimilarity, dissonance, deviance
45. As a teacher, select the best option to ensure your effective presence in the classroom.
Use of peer command
Making aggressive statements
Adoption of well-established posture
46. Every communicator has to experience
The issue of homophiles
47. Imagine you are working in an educational institution where people are of equal status. Which method of communication is best suited and normally employed in such a context?
48. Identify the important element a teacher has to take cognizance of while addressing students in a classroom.
Avoidance of proximity
49. Two railway tickets from city A and B three ticketd from city A to C cost Rs. 177. Three tickets from city A to B and two tickets from city A to C city Rs. 173. The fare for city B from city A will be Rs.
50. A person walks 10 m infront and 10 m to the right. Then every time turning to his left, he walk 5, 15 and 15 m respectively. How far is he from his starting point?
51. A sister of B. F is daughter of G. C is mother of B. D is father of C. E is mother of D. A is related to D as
52. In the series
AB, EDC, FGHI, ________? ________ OPQRST, The missing term is
53. Among the following propositions two are related in such a way that one is the denial of the other. Which are those propositions? Select thecorrect code:
All women are equal to men
Some women are equal to men
Some women are not equal to men
No women are equal to men
(a) and (b)
(a) and (d)
(c) and (d)
(a) and (c)
54. In certain code, SELECTION is coded as QCJCARGML. The code of AMERICANS will be
55. In the series
3, 11, 23, 39, 59, ________
The next term will be
56. Select the code, which is not correct about Venn diagram:
(1) Venn diagram represents propositions as well as classes.
(2) It can provide clear method of notation.
(3) It can be either valid or invalid.
(4) It can provide the direct method of testing the validity.
57. Select the code, which is not correct in the context of deductive argument with two premises:
(1) An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a false conclusion may be valid.
(2) An argument with two true premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
(3) An argument with one true premise, one false premise and a false conclusion may be valid.
(4) An argument with two false premises and a false conclusion may be valid.
58. Given below two premise and four conclusions are drawn from them (taking singly or together). Select the code that states the conclusion validly drawn.
Premises: (i) All religious persons are emotional.
(ii) Ram is a religious person.
Conclusion: (a) Ram is emotional.
(b) All emotional persons are religious.
(c) Ram is not a non-religious person.
(d) Some religious persons are not emotional.
(1) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
(2) (a) only
(3) (a) and (c) only
(4) (b) and (c) only
59. If the proposition 'All thieves are poor' is false, which of the following propositions can be claimed certainly to be true?
(1) Some thieves are poor.
(2) Some thieves are not poor.
(3) No thief is poor.
(4) No poor person is a thief.
60. Consider the following statement and select the correct code stating the nature of the argument involved in it:
To suppose that the earth is the only populated world in the infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet only one grain will grow.
- Published on: July 10, 2016