1. Be Thorough: First of all make a habit to read. Read all related to subject that you get. Use Wikipedia and Google to find more on the topic. Read comprehensive books on the subject.
2. Select Study Material Carefully: This is perhaps most important part of your strategy. I spent lot of time in searching books for my UGCNET Exam. Fipkart and Homeshop18have played a vital role in my books selection. I found books published by Arihant, Cosmos Bookhive, Upkar and Atlantic very useful.
3. Glossary plays an important role in your preparation: Please add suitable dictionaries of the subject in your books. I read Dictionaries on Management, Commerce and Economics for my study.
4. Balance between Theory and MCQ: I selected books in such a way that I got theory and MCQ in a balanced manner. Upkar's books gave me that start which I finished with books from other publications.
5. Use of Internet: I used internet extensively in my study. I always carry a Tab, which I use to search for terms and concepts. There are many websites which have lots of material on our study. Management being a global subject, I found extensive reading on net.
6. General Knowledge: A good and constant reading habit is very much useful for building a sound General Knowledge. However practice is more required for sections like Teaching Aptitude and Reasoning.